Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Rewinding a year

The darkness takes the sun away and the clouds take in the orange horizon under it's arm. I swear, i can taste the thoughts right from under your tongue when we kiss.



 Every time i drive by the farm, i remember the spring when i would run to your car after escaping my house. I waited in the only street light for what seemed like miles away from the closest one, until i saw the headlights of your car that would take me away. Only after our time would i get high sitting on a corn field that laid perfectly over the lights of my town at night. Running back, following the lines in the road, i sprinted in bliss, not noticing my lungs were pounding my heart right out of my chest. Perhaps it was from the consistent pace where i could have fooled myself to be traveling as fast as my girlfriends car or it could have just been the smoke that might have tanked even my rips with a saucy layer of thick white smoke, that made me lose my heart to an adrenaline rush that i was far from controlling. Thankfully, i found it again at the top of my street when i focused my eyes on the thin line that separated the mountain from the black sky. That's when i remembered the winter, not too long before, when i did the same sneaking off. That time it wasn't only from my father, but from a girl at the time i thought deserved for me to care about. A year later, guess who's not regretting it? Sneaking out of bed and into the night, was nothing less from than a thrill. Now, every mistake, you deserve like spit in your pathetic face. I made free in my own terms and once, it's okay to be bad. I've been bad, bad, bad, but it's a memory i wouldn't dare erase. If there's anything that deserves to be scratched off paper, it's your name and every thing behind it, but thankfully that's already been taken care off; it's the black build up in my chimney. I really do have so much anger and i wish i could pour it all down your throat and drown YOUR heart. Even your name irritates my ears.

"What comes is better than what came before," and i back it up with my life. Now, i can really say I'm in love.

No comments: