Sunday, October 5, 2008

Aluminum cans and dew of morning.

I couldn't tell if my bones were aching from the cold, the hard surface of the back of her car or  the combination of the two. Numerous times i stumbled on my thoughts and tossed and turned. I wondered how i got to be in such a situation, numb in the back of a car, in the field and in the night. I couldn't tell if the confusion came from within or if it was from the tightly packed cloud we were living in hours earlier. With the lights out, i couldn't ever see it come out of my mouth. Heavy eyed and lazy, drag my body around you. You're sleeping and i'm breathing, but we still weren't allowed home. I missed the comfort of my bed, but i had you next to me. I held my knees while the cold air of night cradled me. It's October and its over, but i shouldn't be allowed to be this cold. Comparing a year, today is ironic! I remembered 'cause it's ALREADY been forgotten. Wasn't it funny i scarred my arm? Now i'm skipping dances and crashing weddings. I wake up in wide open fields threatened by dew of morning and light of day. I still don't know why i wasn't in hamdon or why i even thought i cared. It's much better to wake up where windows are walls covered with fog and where rain aims for cars like hitting aluminum cans. That's all we were in; aluminum cans. Intertwining and caressing. I've always been such a caresser, but i still haven't ever gotten high in a dress. I can now say i've ran barefoot through woods and frost-bitting grass, just to get to a party that looked better than mine. I waved to a camcorder, to a stranger i pretended to know. I signed them are card too, but by the time it's noticed i'll be long gone. It was your wedding day and i think that you're pretty, but i'm still not very sorry for crashing your wedding.

I'll always like to aimlessly drive to New Britain with you. Our direction is fucked, but our SENSES are explicit! Just because we wander, does not mean that we are lost.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are a wonderful story teller, karina. i miss you.