Monday, January 5, 2009

It started at Dave

I don't mind the scratches, you can leave me scars. You're the only one i ever miss like this.

Abrupt change takes place over a year, starting in October. My imagination is so god damn detailed-details hurt. Many things are shameful, you don't need to tell me, but I'll still say "take care." I wonder what it's like to be one the other end; maybe other time, but i wouldn't ever dare do that, because no, you don't make ME sick to my stomach.

Cells shaking
Blood pumping
Hearts throbbing
Feet running; pounding
Pupils swallow blue
I guess i didn't mind the mud i was sitting in
or the boy you were kissing at the time
Jealousy was lost and not yet found-it changed with a letter in Spain
Holding arms for support down stairs i swear were escalators
We walk in wrong directions to an interaction with mom that would change your summer
You left me from inside a car-i didn't quite know what was going on
I pace driveways in front of another, spoke of my brother
I let my wrists snap, fingers fall, uncontrollably, endlessly, in the back of a car-i didn't realize where it would take me.
It was me and only you; i missed you from a distance
and wished you were rocking bodies with me on her lonely floor.
She always had such a hopeless home
and it didn't even wear off for another six hours.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is my new favorite.
please, keep writing.